Monday, January 12, 2009

Agony and Blessing

Yesterday, I was running back and forth to the bathroom thinking I might have a kidney stone--I cried out to God as I chugged water and used some Ibuprofen to relieve my suffering. There's nothing like a bit of suffering to get your attention centered on relying on God.

This past week, we met with several friends who love us and vice-versa. Katherine made a dish with been, rice, and many kinds of Asian spices and served it to our grateful guests. We spent time praying with people, and my mother got the opportunity to hear how God orchestrated some of our friends from their first meeting Dec. 1 to their wedding on Dec. 18th. It's quite a story--made possible via Facebook. I got my first crown (upon one of my back molars), and I suffered minimal pain and felt blessed to have dental insurance, anaesthetic, and God's provision to afford the procedure, whereas so many others can't get the care they need. Also, Katherine had an MRI done on her knee that's been hurting, and we learned that the problem isn't a muniscus tear, which would have required expensive surgery--it's just a cyst, so maybe it will be small enough to deflate without huge expense. And our daughter, Emma, continues to amaze us with her joy and love of learning. God has been good to us, and I look forward to praising Him further this week.

No comments: